How to Shut Down my PC/Laptop with Timer using Command Prompt : Most people don’t know about the powerfull features of command prompt. Also 99.9% people shut down theri laptops / pc bu the direct power off button of the shut down command. But, its very cool to hear that you can aslo shut down your laptop / pc using using a command in command prompt . Basically you can set a timer for your laptop after which your laptop will automatically shut down and you don’t need to look after it. This feature can be useful at night for the people chatting or playing some game and are expecting to sleep while playing or chatting.Also if you are downloading something and it is expected to be completed after 2-3 hours from now and you want to sleep and also don’t want your machine to work the whole night, then setting the timer for your machine would be the best option. Just set the timer and sleep for example if your download is expected to complete after 2 hours from now, you can set the timer of 2.5 hours and sleep. After 2.5 hours from now, your machine will automatically turn off and this will not only save electricity but will also help your laptop with better battery life.
Well! now here is the command to Shut Down your PC/Laptop with Timer using Command Prompt. The command is very easy and simple to use and will be done within seconds. Here is the step by step procedure for executing the command.
Step by Step Procedure to Shut Down PC/Laptop with Timer using Command Prompt :
- Firstly lauch CMD by going to run and typing CMD and hitting enter.
- Now write “shutdown /s /t 60” for shutting down the machine after 60 seconds and you can modify the command according to you.
- Thats it! Shutdown timer is now set and the machine will be powered off after the scheduled time.
- To cancel shutdown, type “shutdown -a or “shutdown /a” and press enter.
- Enjoy setting the timer to shut down your machine.
We have given you the complete guide to set timer in windows 7 to shut down your machine. For queries, comment below and let us know.